Designed for working professionals, the School Adjustment and Mental Health Counseling program at Cambridge College offers a flexible, affordable option for earning your master’s degree.
- Hands-on career training. Gain real-world professional preparation through extensive research opportunities, internships, and field placements based on Massachusetts state standards for school adjustment counseling.
- Flexible class options. Earn your master’s degree while balancing work and family time. Cambridge College offers flexible day, evening, weekend, and online course options designed to meet the needs of adult learners.
- Experienced faculty. Work closely with expert faculty who bring diverse research and professional school counseling experience to the program.
- Exceptional value. Earn your master’s degree without breaking your budget. Cambridge College is one of the most affordable four-year private nonprofit colleges in the nation, offering world-class education and low tuition.
- Convenient locations. All of our classroom locations are close to public transportation and/or offer free parking for students.
Jobs in School Counseling and Mental Health Counseling
Graduates are prepared to meet the licensing standards of the Massachusetts Board of Registration of Allied Mental Health Professionals and the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. In addition, graduates may apply for the following credentials:
- School Social Worker/School Adjustment Counselor (all levels). Program approved by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education as preparation for initial licensure.
- Mental health counseling licensure by the Massachusetts Board of Registration of Allied Mental Health Professionals. Candidates must also pass an exam and complete two years of post-master’s supervised clinical practice.
- Students completing the Alcohol/Drug concentration are eligible for CADAC certification by MBSACC and LADC licensing by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.
- Personality and Counseling Theory
- Rogerian Person-Centered Therapy: Basic Counseling Skills
- Human Development Across the Lifespan
- Ethics & Professional Issues for School Counselors & Mental Health Practitioners
- Research Design and Evaluation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
A completed application must be received within enough time for students to receive the i20 and arrive in the U.S prior to the term start-date.
DisciplinesEducation School Counselling Educational Psychology View 556 other Masters in School Counselling in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- MEd and most graduate certificate programs require an earned bachelor’s degree.
- Interview with and approval of the SOPC Admissions Committee and acceptance by the dean.
- Application Fee: $50, nonrefundable ($100 for international students)
- Current Résumé
- Personal Statement - Write a 1-2 page essay (250-500 words) describing your reasons for obtaining a degree from Cambridge College, your professional experience and goals, and your academic background.
- Two Professional Recommendations
- Official demonstration of English language proficiency
- Supplemental documentation for issuance of I-20
- International transcripts, evaluated by an accepted evaluation service
International17730 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 591 USD per credit during 24 months.
National17730 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 591 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.