Students obtain their B.S. and a M.S. in Biomedical Engineering. The Biomedical Engineering - Accelerated Master's Program at The University of Arizona is completed in one year beyond the B.S degree. Students in BME or similar Engineering or Life Sciences majors are encouraged to apply. (Please check with your undergrad major to ensure use of units will apply to degree)
General requirements for Accelerated Master's Programs are set by the office of Academic Affairs, and can be found here.
Most importantly, the Accelerated Master’s Program is not designed to accelerate progress towards a Ph.D. degree in biomedical engineering. The intent of the AMP is to provide students with a terminal M.S. degree that they can then use to accelerate their careers in industry or medical research institutions. The AMP program is not a stepping-stone for obtaining a B.S., M.S. and Ph.D. degree within 7 years, which is an unlikely scenario within our program. Students who are interested in a Ph.D. degree should consider the Ph.D. program rather than the AMP, as only the units taken after Bachelor's degree is awarded can be used toward Ph.D total unit requirement.
Qualified students apply to the program nominally in the second semester of their junior year (i.e. with two full semesters remaining in their undergraduate program).
Gain the Skills to Improve Health Care
BME’s educational programs not only deliver a solid theoretical foundation in science and engineering, but also students gain the applied hands-on skills to design and build biomedical devices, instruments and systems.
Acquire the knowledge to contribute to improving health care. Learn how to create better and more cost-effective technologies for prevention, detection and treatment of health-related issues.
Be part of the revolution occurring in biomedicine!
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biology for Biomedical Engineering
- Physiology for Biomedical Engineering
- Measurement and Data Analysis in Biomedical Engineering
- Bomedical Imaging
- Biological and Synthetic Materials
- Biomechanical Engineering
- Biomaterial-Tissue Interactions
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 1653 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Completion of a minimum of 75 undergraduate credit hours will be required at the time of application; a minimum of 90 undergraduate credit hours will be required at the time of entry into the AMP. If the student’s GPA falls below 3.3 at the time they have completed 90 units, the student will not be admitted into the program. Courses taken for audit may not be included in the total number of units counted for eligibility or admission.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.3 on a minimum of 12 units of undergraduate UA.
- Completion of at least 12 earned undergraduate credits in Biomedical Engineering at The University of Arizona’s main campus. Units still graded Incomplete, units graded Pass/Fail or units taken as audit will not count toward the requirement of the 12 undergraduate units.
- Completion or near completion of general education requirements.
- Submission of a graduate application and payment of a graduate application fee.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
In-State13400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13400 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.