The MSc Advanced Clinical Practice has been specially created for such practitioners and provides the opportunity to develop in-depth knowledge, skills and confidence to autonomously manage complex cases within specific areas of practice.Focusing on high-quality teaching with plenty of opportunity to develop clinical skills in a practical setting, the course provides an educational structure that links to relevant competency frameworks and supports the NHS Career Framework.
One of the key benefits of the course is that you will work alongside students from a variety of backgrounds and specialist fields, giving you the chance to share experiences and best practice.
- Rated 5th in the UK for physiotherapy in the Complete University Guide 2019
- Ranked 4th in the UK and 28th in the world for nursing by the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2018
- We are a leading environment for world class research according to the Research Excellence Framework 2014; 86% of our research activity is rated as world leading and internationally excellent with significant impact on people's health and wellbeing. We have also seen a 35% improvement in the quality of research undertaken in the past five years
- Ranked 5th best in terms of research power in our unit of assessment, a measure which includes the quality of research and number of research active staff according to the Research Excellence Framework 2014
- 98% of students from nursing, midwifery and physiotherapy who participated in the 2013 Postgraduate Research Experience Survey were satisfied with the experience of their research degree programme
- Our teaching team includes a number of Senior Fellows and Fellows of the Higher Education Academy
- Awarded Nursing Times Nurse Education Provider of the Year (post-registration) 2016
More informationVisit official programme website
- History Taking Clinical Examination and Decision Making
- Non-Medical Prescribing
- Developing Advanced Clinical Skills Through Work Based Learning
- Evidence for Health and Social Care
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine View 735 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
- Applicants for the MSc/PGDip Advanced Clinical Practice will usually hold a bachelor's degree (2.2 or above)
- All applicants must be qualified health care professionals, typically with five years of experience in professional practice or longer; MSc and PGDip applicants join the course with the written agreement of their employer; in negotiation with the course director, applicants must identify an appropriately qualified clinical supervisor before commencing the course
EU/EEA11475 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11475 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.