The Applied Biosciences degree offered by the University of Arizona consists of foundational and practical training in various areas of applied biosciences and along with a professional component that includes internships and "cross-training" in workplace skills, such as business, communications, and regulatory affairs.
During the two-year course of study, students will gain a strong understanding of the applications of the biological sciences to real world problems, including those faced by public institutions and private industry.
Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs
The Graduate College sponsors several Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs (GIDPs) in addition to the many interdisciplinary possibilities available through regular graduate degree programs.
GIDPs transcend departmental boundaries by facilitating cutting edge teaching and research at the nexus of traditional disciplines. The high value placed on interdisciplinary research and education is indicative of The University of Arizona 's enthusiasm and commitment to fostering innovation and creativity among its faculty and students.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Controlled Environment Agriculture
- Diagnostic Laboratory Sciences
- Industrial Microbial Biotechnology
- Medical Microbiology and Immunology
- Molecular and Cellular Biology
- Sustainable Bioeconomy and Bioenergy
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine View 284 other Masters in Biomedicine in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- All transcripts (official versions must be sent to the Graduate College)
- GRE scores (not required)
- Proof of English proficiency is required for any international applicant born in a country where English is not the official language.
- GPA for all undergraduate (and graduate) work
- A one-page statement of interests, which outlines your background (including any professional experience), your professional goals and why you are a strong candidate for the program
- At least 2 letters of recommendation, preferably from course professors and/or research directors
- Up to 12 units of graduate level coursework may be transferred into the Applied Biosciences PSM program/degree. This includes units earned as a non-degree graduate student and other graduate level work competed at other institutions. See the UA Graduate College policies for transfer credit.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 12 months.
National33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State13400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13400 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.