Student have the opportunity to complete a dual degree program with the M.U.D. degree in Urban Design and the M.Arch. degree in Architecture. A separate application must be submitted for each program. Students can view admission requirements for each program on their respective catalog page.
The Urban Design - Architecture program from Kent State University fosters the refinement of design skills acquired in undergraduate programs and offers a broad exposure to professional issues and knowledge related to urban design.
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to build abstract relationships and understand the impact of ideas based on research and analysis of multiple theoretical, social, political, economic, cultural and environmental contexts. This includes the wider range of media used to think about urban and regional design, including writing, investigative skills, speaking, drawing and model making.
- Develop an ability to utilize the technical instruments of the urban design field including: legal instruments, urban systems and their organization, the role of these varied elements in the implementation of design and their impact on the environment. This is inclusive of understanding and abilities at a range of scales from local to regional design and the implications of policy and design decision making at these ranges of scale.
- Manage, advocate and act legally, ethically and critically for the good of society and the public. This includes collaborative, professional and leadership skills, especially in the public arena.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Graduate Design Studio
- Project Programming
- Theories of Architecture
- Methods of Inquiry in Architectural Studies
- Professional Practice: Real Estate and Development
- Professional Practice: Contract and Planning Law
- Professional Practice: Leadership, Ethics and Office Management
- Special Topics in Architecture
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
For timely consideration of the application, it is recommended applicants submit a complete application at least one month before the start of the semester.
DisciplinesArchitecture Design Urban Planning View 287 other Masters in Urban Planning in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Kent State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 2.750 undergraduate GPA on a 4.000 point scale
- Official transcript(s)
- GRE scores
- Goal statement (include intent and background information)
- Portfolio (design work should clearly indicate role in group projects)
- Three letters of recommendation, with one letter from a non-academic source
- English language proficiency
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17982 USD per year during 24 months.
National17982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17982 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State9648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9648 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Kent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.