A separate application must be submitted for each program. Students can view admission requirements for each program on their respective catalog page.
At 61 credit hours for the dual degree, students receive an M.L.I.S.-M.B.A. dual-degree. The curriculum includes 24 credit hours of M.B.A. coursework, 25 credit hours of Library and Information Science courses and 12 credit hours from either business or library and Information science.
Graduates of this Library and Information Science - Master of Business Administration degree from Kent State University will be able to:
- Apply the field's foundational theories, principles, values, ethics and skills to everyday practice.
- Critique and synthesize research and identify appropriate research methodologies to solve problems in the field.
- Analyze and engage in the changing cultural, educational and social roles and responsibilities of librarians/information professionals and the environments they work in within the global society.
- Evaluate systems and technologies relevant to a particular information context.
- Identify needs and connect individuals and communities with information that engages and empowers them.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Financial Accounting for Decision Making
- Managerial Accounting for Decision Making
- Macroeconomic Environment of Business
- Managerial Economics
- Law and Ethics
- Managerial Finance
- Information Organization
- People in the Information Ecology
- Information Institutions and Professions
- Research and Assessment in Library and Information Science
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
For timely consideration of the application, it is recommended applicants submit a complete application at least one month before the start of the semester.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Library Science Master in Business Administration (MBA) View 651 other Masters in Master in Business Administration (MBA) in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 2.750 undergraduate GPA on a 4.000 point scale
- Applicants who do not meet the minimum 3.000 GPA requirement must submit a statement that addresses the circumstances that contributed to the GPA and preparation for success in graduate study. Applicants should include recent professional achievements that indicate an ability to perform at a higher academic level to be considered for conditional admission to the program.
- Official transcript(s)
- GRE scores if total GPA is below 3.0 in highest completed degree1 (effective spring 2023 admissions, the GRE will no longer be required)
- Résumé or curriculum vita
- Student Profile Form
- Exception statement (addressing circumstances and readiness for graduate education
- Application Essay
- Three letters of recommendation
- English language proficiency
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26800 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National13400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26800 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.