Students develop a more robust understanding of how GISc functions across different sectors and have a positive impact on some of the greatest global challenges today, including climate change, transportation, and public health. Students have the opportunity to design and manage geographic information technologies to develop and improve the tools and systems people rely on every day
Graduates of the program are prepared for analytical and managerial positions that utilize geospatial technologies. Those positions can be found in a number of sectors, ranging from real estate and healthcare to disaster relief and finance.
- Collect, edit, integrate, manage and analyze geospatial data.
- Demonstrate skills and working knowledge of commercial and open source GIS application suites and utilities.
- Identify, explain and analyze spatial patterns, relationships and processes.
- Apply cartographic principles and techniques to create quality maps.
- Apply critical and spatial thinking to solve geospatial problems with respect to theories, principles and practices of geographic information science and fields in the degree concentration areas.
- Demonstrate good communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Geographic Information Science
- Cartographic Design
- Environmental Remote Sensing
- Practicum in Geographic Information Science
- Algorithms and Programming
- Data Science
- Geographic Information Science and Health
- Geographic Information Science: Applications for Social Problems
- Spatial Programming
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
For timely consideration of the application, it is recommended applicants submit a complete application at least one month before the start of the semester.
DisciplinesGeography Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 50 other Masters in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in geography or a related field1
- Minimum 2.750 undergraduate GPA on a 4.000 point scale
- Official transcript(s)
- Goal statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- English language proficiency
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International21000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21000 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National21000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21000 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.