Fashion Industry Studies is an initial master's level degree for the academic advancement of students to engage in learning and experiences applicable to the fashion industry. The Fashion Industry Studies program from Kent State University prepares professionals who intentionally use cross-disciplinary and applied research methods to address complex issues and provide impactful solutions for the fashion industry.
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Demonstrate a capacity for critical analysis of fashion to identify pertinent issues.
- Demonstrate an ability to use cross-disciplinary and applied research methods with appropriate knowledge and technologies.
- Demonstrate the skill of critically generating concepts and-or pragmatic solutions through testing and experimentation that connects fashion history, theory and-or practice(s).
- Demonstrate abilities to effectively synthesize ideas and present innovative and pragmatic research-based investigations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Fashion Industry: a Unifying Lens
- Forms of Inquiry in the Fashion Industry
- Fashion Industry Practicum
- Advanced Fashion Industry Practice
- Historic Textiles
- Theories as Applied to the Fashion Industry
- Fashion Industry Design Management
- Techstylelab: Digital Design and New Media in the Fashion Industry
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
For timely consideration of the application, it is recommended applicants submit a complete application at least one month before the start of the semester.
DisciplinesFashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design View 66 other Masters in Fashion Design in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university1
- Minimum 3.300 undergraduate GPA on a 4.000 point scale
- Official transcripts(s)
- GRE or GMAT scores if GPA is below 3.300 for conditional admission
- Goal statement (maximum 1,000 words) relating career/academic goals and research interests as they relate to critical issue(s) the applicant has identified in current fashion industry practice
- Supportive materials that demonstrate research and writing capabilities (e.g., significant term paper, research project report and/or visual portfolio with minimum 5-10 examples of work in any media documenting design process)
- a résumé will be required
- Three letters of recommendation
- English language proficiency
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17982 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National17982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17982 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
In-State9648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9648 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Kent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.