A separate application must be submitted for each program. Students can view admission requirements for each program on their respective catalog page.
The Educational Technology - Library and Information Science (Dual Degree) program from Kent State University leads to a multi-age initial licensure in school library media. This program prepares students to work in all types of libraries, including school libraries. The program of study includes professional educational requirements, along with library science and educational technology courses.
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge about different types of hardware and of a variety of different software applications.
- Conduct literature reviews to examine issues associated with technology and learning.
- Develop, implement and troubleshoot web-based, interactive multimedia educational programs.
- Design, develop and evaluate educational materials using various technology tools.
- Apply principles of message design to the development of educational materials.
- Identify critical issues related to the field of educational technology.
- Advocate for the appropriate use of technology in educational settings, including providing equitable access to technology resources for all students.
- Apply principles of change management, organizational development, technological diffusion and adoption and project management to effecting change in an organization.
- Practice the systematic evaluation of educational materials that use technology, based upon the objectives previously established for the unit or lesson.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theory and Practice in the Teaching of Reading
- Reading in Content Areas
- Technology and Learning
- Trends in Educational Technology
- Information Organization
- People in the Information Ecology
- Research and Assessment in Library and Information Science
- School Library Management
- Information Literacy for Youth
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
For timely consideration of the application, it is recommended applicants submit a complete application at least one month before the start of the semester.
DisciplinesEducation Library Science Teaching View 3403 other Masters in Education in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 2.750 undergraduate GPA on a 4.000-point scale
- Official transcript(s)
- Goal statement
- Two letters of recommendation from academic and professional references
- Computer Science and Computer Technology concentrations require evidence of a valid 4-year Resident Educator or 5-year Professional State of Ohio teaching license.
- English language proficiency
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17982 USD per year during 24 months.
National17982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17982 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State9648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9648 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Kent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.