The Ph.D. student must take at least one minor concentration in another field, such as Economics.
- The crucial outcome of graduate study in the Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management is the identification, conceptualization, resolution of, and recommendations for important economic problems of a local, regional, national and global nature.
- To this end, the Dyson graduate student is trained in a problem centric environment to examine issues from an economic point of view, generating hypotheses based on economic principles, and empirically testing these hypotheses.
- The key learning objective is to create lifelong learners and independent thinkers with a toolkit of sufficient sophistication to adapt to problems as they arise.
- At the Applied Economics and Management MS level from Cornell University, we seek sufficient rigor in thesis research as a transitional phase to doctoral research or employment in the private or public sectors. At the doctoral level we seek the highest quality of research with the aim of publishing research in high quality journals and making sure that our students can be placed in leading academic departments.
Concentrations by Subject
- applied behavioral economics and individual choice (ABEIC) [MPS Only]
- environmental, energy, and resource economics (EERE)
- food and agricultural economics (FAE)
- international and development economics (IDE)
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Management, Organisation & Leadership Econometrics View 682 other Masters in Economics in United States
- all Graduate School Requirements, including the TOEFL Exam or IELTS Academic Exam for non-native English applicants
- two recommendations
- GRE general test
International20800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20800 USD per year during 12 months.
National20800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20800 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Ithaca
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.