This programme is tailored-made to prepare nurses in advanced practice competencies in the discipline of disaster nursing and its research needs of the Chinese communities. The selection of subjects for preparing students is based on the projected health needs of the affected community throughout the disaster management continuum.Classes are conducted in Sichuan University – Hong Kong Polytechnic University Institute for Disaster Management and Reconstruction (IDMR). Class contact will be arranged in five 2-week intensive study blocks over two years, complemented by on-line learning activities and independent learning of prescribed reading and assignment.
- Disaster Preparedness
- Risk Reduction Management in a Disaster
- Medical and Public Health Response in a Disaster
- Disasters and Mental Health
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesNursing Emergency & Disaster Management
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree in nursing from the University or its equivalent in China
- Three years of work experience as a Registered Nurse in China, preferably in Accident and Emergency, Critical Care, Orthopedics, Trauma Care, Burn, Intensive Care (including Paediatrics) and Community Health
- English Language Requirement
- A Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 80 for the Internet-based test, 550 for the paper-based test, or 213 for the computer-based test; OR
- An overall Band Score of at least 6 in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS); OR
- Chinese mainland's College English Test (CET) Band 6 or equivalent (an admission English test will be administered for applicants who do not meet the English language requirement).
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.