The program prepares professionals to work with ELs and culturally diverse students. Program participants will develop
- knowledge of the structure and acquisition of language, and of the socio-cultural contexts in which English is learned as an additional language;
- knowledge of the nature and role of culture and cultural groups, and ability to create positive learning environments for ELs;
- ability to provide culturally and linguistically responsive practices in RTI, special education evaluation and IEP development;
- ability to design and deliver standards-based ESL, literacy and content instruction;
- ability to collaborate with families, educational personnel, and community agencies; and
- disposition to advocate for best practices for ELs and their families.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Policy and Practice in Urban Education
- Urban Schools
- Multicultural Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesSpecial Education View 651 other Masters in Special Education in United States
International21692 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21692 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National21692 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21692 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State8929 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8929 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.