It examines the latest knowledge and technologies in research, diagnosis, epidemiology, microbiology, biotechnology, and data analysis, and combines this with hands-on laboratory work through a laboratory master-class and through individual research projects.
The Molecular Medicine course from Curtin University encourages professional and personal development through active learning. Among the different units, students apply and test the knowledge gained through information gathering and analysis, and develop practical research skills through a professional development laboratory workshop, laboratory research projects, report writing, and professional level oral presentations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureWhat you'll learn
- Apply advanced principles of biological and life sciences as they relate to molecular biotechnology
- Plan and conduct a scientific research project and evaluate research outcomes in relation to contemporary literature
- Apply rational processes to critically analyse issues in science and technology, evaluate alternative responses and generate innovative solutions
- Relate the significance of science to the public and scientific community using effective written and verbal communication skills
- Effectively utilise new and existing molecular biotechnology at an advanced level
- Locate, extract and critically appraise relevant evidence and information from a range of resources (and apply to practice)
- Recognise international issues relevant to biotechnology and molecular medicine and develop appropriate responses or strategies for solutions
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Molecular Sciences View 182 other Masters in Human Medicine in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 098136G
- Specifically, applicants require a Bachelor degree in a biomedical/life science based discipline with an appropriate academic performance as indicated by a minimum Curtin's equivalent course weighted average (CWA) of 65%. Candidates holding qualifications other than those specified are assessed on an individual basis with some life science units required. Applicants must meet minimum English language requirements, specifically an IELTS ACADEMIC overall score of 7 and no less than 6.5 in any band (or equivalent).
International37000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 37000 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.