Completion of this course demonstrates attainment of the Stage 1 competency standards for Professional Engineers required by Engineers Australia (EA), subject to EA accreditation. Direct entry to this course is available if you have a four-year engineering qualification in a discipline related to your intended major. Otherwise, you may need to complete the Graduate Diploma in Professional Engineering prior to enrolling in this course.
During this Professional Engineering from Curtin University, you must gain at least 12 weeks of exposure to engineering professional practice and keep a formal log book to record your experience. In your final year, you will complete a major research or design project that will draw upon and integrate knowledge and skills attained through the course.
What you'll learn
- Apply advanced and integrated knowledge and skills to design and lead the implementation of innovative solutions to complex engineering problems
- Incorporate cultural sensitivity and understanding, including that of local First Peoples, in decisions related to the design and implementation of solutions to engineering problems
- Recognise opportunities to lead the development and implementation of innovative engineering solutions to industry problems
- Apply advanced engineering skills and knowledge, sustainability frameworks, and ethical approaches to address issues of international relevance
- Develop and communicate effective and innovative engineering solutions to complex problems using an adaptive approach to technologies
- Develop and maintain professional networks and work ethically and responsibly to progress their career as a professional engineer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureYou can choose one of the following majors:
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering (Embedded Systems Engineering)
- Electrical Engineering (Emerging Power Systems Engineering)
- Electrical Engineering (Telecommunications and Networking Engineering)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Electrical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 38 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 098138E
- Applicants require a 4-year Engineering degree from a recognised institution in the same discipline of study. Students who have completed the Graduate Diploma of Professional Engineering degree at Curtin will be considered to have met the above course requirement.
International38000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38000 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Perth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.