- Students will gain an in-depth understanding of the principal eras of western classical choral music and their most prominent composers, including study of contemporary performance practice, building concert and recording repertoire, recording techniques and preparation, and 360-degree analysis of professional choral music-making within a chamber context. This 32-unit masters program requires 16 units over two summer sessions, and 16 on-line units over four semesters.
- Students in The Master of Music in Vocal Chamber Music program offered by the University of Redlands are required to have completed a Bachelor's degree in music and must have experience of ensemble singing at a collegiate level. It is essential that they have excellent sight-reading ability, a firm grounding in music theory, and a proven ability to hold their own musical line within an ensemble. Students should also have knowledge of and interest in choral music throughout the ages.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Graduate Studies in Musicology
- Graduate Studies in Music Theory
- Graduate Seminar in Literature and Analysis
- Score Study and Analysis
- Conducting Rehearsal Techniques
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed Application
- Two letters of recommendation
- Certificate of Finances
- Graduate applicants must audition on their major instrument or voice.
International1134 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1134 USD per credit during 24 months.
National1134 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1134 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Redlands
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.