The combination of practical and theoretical units provides a rich learning experience. Your skills in TESOL will be enhanced as you connect global issues with TESOL teaching and evaluate language teaching course design and assessment practices.
Investigating second or additional language acquisition at the Applied Linguistics course from Curtin University will provide you with a backdrop to language teaching methodologies as will learning about Englishes spoken around the world.
You will also become aware of the role of language in society and acquire the skills you need to conduct your own research project in applied linguistics.
What you'll learn
- Understand the theoretical principles and research practices underlying contemporary language education and Applied Linguistics and apply them in a sustainable manner
- Formulate and investigate problems, propose solutions to current practices, and reflect critically on the relevant empirical and theoretical literature
- Identify, access, analyse and synthesise information from a wide range of sources using appropriate technologies
- Communicate information and ideas effectively in speech and writing in ways that are appropriate for a range of audiences
- Engage effectively with appropriate technologies to store and communicate relevant information in conjunction with contemporary language education and Applied Linguistics practices
- Demonstrate capacity for independent self-directed learning; critically evaluate personal performance through a range of learning interactions; respond to feedback with a view to development as a reflective practitioner and lifelong learner
- TESOL (EAL/D) teacher
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Language Acquisition
- Language Teaching Methodologies
- Research Methods in Applied Linguistics
- Special Topics in Applied Linguistics
- Language in Society
- Language Teaching Course Design and Assessment
- Negotiated Research Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Linguistics View 42 other Masters in Linguistics in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 023985G
Applicants require a degree that is assessed as being the equivalent of a four-year Australian teaching degree. Some examples of this are:
- A Bachelor of Education
- A four-year combined/double education degree
- A three-year degree in a non-education discipline plus a minimum one-year teaching qualification.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31000 AUD per year during 12 months.
National18000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18000 AUD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Perth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.