Corrosion engineers apply their knowledge and skills to combat the naturally occurring process of corrosion - the degradation of metals, stone or other materials. Corrosion is an important consideration for the energy and resources industries, which must employ excellent corrosion management practices to maximise efficient, safe production.
Corrosion engineers ensure the integrity of a plant and its processes through material selection and effective maintenance strategies. Regular inspection, monitoring and repair are required to extend service life, prevent shutdowns and reduce cost. .
Why study the Corrosion Engineering course from Curtin University
- A unique opportunity for career development in the energy and resources industry
- There is a growing industry demand for qualified corrosion engineers and quality research in the field of corrosion engineering.
- It is an issue particularly pertinent to the energy and resource industries where optimal corrosion management practices can have a positive impact on maximising efficient, safe production.
- Online and flexible delivery
Corrosion and material engineers are primarily employed in the petroleum and mining industry but opportunities also exist in automotive, nuclear energy and transportation industries.
- These are usually in multinational companies where you can gain:
- The chance to travel nationally and overseas
- Experience in a variety of projects and the opportunity to learn different skills
- The opportunity to be employed in multi-billion dollar projects of national and international significance.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Atmospheric Corrosion
- Principles of Corrosion
- Engineering Materials for the Resources Industry
- Process Safety and Risk Management
- Corrosion Protection: Coatings and Electrochemical Protection
- Concrete Corrosion
- Corrosion in Liquids
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology View 99 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS Provider Code: 00301J
- To apply for a course at Curtin University, you will need to provide certified copies of your previous qualifications and English proficiency documents. Additional documentation may be required for particular courses or personal circumstances.
Certified copies of all your previous qualifications
- Academic transcripts
- Grading system descriptions
- Award certificates
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.