The Department of Applied Mathematics has a strong team of researchers in applied statistics, financial mathematics and operations research to facilitate the teaching of the programme. In particular, Mathematics in PolyU has achieved remarkable recognition in recent years. In the Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University Ranking 2021, PolyU is listed the world top 100 in Statistics and Operational Research. PolyU is also ranked 54 in Best Universities for Mathematics by U.S. News & World Report Best Global Universities 2022.
Applied Mathematics for Science and Technology (Decision Science) graduates at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University will become leading professionals in engineering, finance management, banking and finance, insurance company and related sectors. In particular, as Hong Kong is one of the leading financial centers and Mainland China has the fastest growing economics in the world, there is a great demand in personnel being competent and with the knowledge in actuarial and investment science. In recent years our graduates in Actuarial and Investment Science specialism have continuously secured internship positions in leading insurance companies and investment banks as actuaries and data analysts in both Hong Kong and Mainland China.
- Graphs and Networks
- Mathematical Modeling for Science and Technology
- Applied Linear Models
- Forecasting and Applied Time Series Analysis
- Optimal Control with Management Science Applications
- Scientific Computing
- Decision Analysis
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics View 6 other Masters in Applied Mathematics in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University and/or in Hong Kong (SAR), please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Bachelor's degree with honours in Engineering, Computer Science, Basic Science, Business, Economics, or the equivalent (industrial or business experience will be an asset)
- Applications will be considered on the basis of the information (such as academic achievements, professional qualifications and work experience) provided in the application.
- You may be required to attend an interview and/or test.
- Departments will consider applications on a rolling basis until places are filled.
- Some programmes will receive applications in two rounds
International9170 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 917 USD per credit during 36 months.
National9170 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 917 USD per credit during 36 months.
- HK$7,200 per credit
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.