Conceived in close collaboration with the Istanbul Studies Center of KHas University, the program intends to offer a productive platform of research and scholarship where architectural and urban studies can enhance each other, sharing new knowledge, research methods, representation techniques and interdisciplinary insights.
The graduates of the Architectural and Urban Studies program from Kadir Has University are expected to work in the disciplines of architecture, urban design, planning and landscape not just as design professionals in practice, but also in a myriad of different capacities as academics, theoreticians, historians, critics, writers, curators and project consultants among others.
In our “urban age”, different design disciplines (Architecture, Urban Planning, Urban Design and Landscape) all claim the city as their territory of concern, research and intervention. As the boundaries between these disciplines get increasingly blurred, it is no longer possible to think about buildings, building complexes and public spaces independent of the urban contexts and regional hinterlands in which they are situated.
Nor is it possible to ignore the multiple actors involved when it is not just design professionals (architect, planner, urban designer, landscape designer etc.) but also political authorities, local governments, developers, various non-governmental, professional and community organizations, users and the public at large that contribute to the shaping of the built environment in different ways.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Critical Theories and Contemporary Debates
- Data Visualization and Verbalization Workshop
- Readings in Society and Space
- Situating the Modern: Vernacular Forms and Practices
- Trans-National Histories of Modern Architecture and Urbanism
- Aesthetics of Architectural and Urban Research
- Space, Politics and Power
- Modernity, Architecture and Urban Space in Turkey
- Gendering Space: Feminist Approaches to Space, Place and Society
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesArchitecture Landscape Architecture View 6 other Masters in Landscape Architecture in Turkey
- Applicants must be either graduate of or graduating from an undergraduate program in case of applications for a master's program; and an undergraduate or a master's program in case of applications for a doctoral program, respectively.
- Among admitted applicants, those who are expected to graduate must successfully complete their current programs prior to the enrollment date in order to be able to enroll in the university.
International6000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12000 USD for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.