About this course
Worldwide, two-thirds of the deaths of children under five years of age are caused by infectious diseases, and the prevention and treatment of infections in children is the number one priority for global health. Thus, the department believes that professionally-oriented education in paediatric infectious diseases is essential in the training of clinicians and clinical academics who will provide the future leadership in this key area for global health.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Paediatric Infectious Diseases from the University of Oxford is a two-year, part-time course taught primarily online (with some residential components), providing you with an in-depth understanding of both the theoretical and practical aspects of paediatric infection. It also places the practice of paediatric infectious diseases in the broader context of applied sciences, such as pathogenesis, population biology and epidemiology.
The course will appeal to doctors who have experience in paediatrics, including trainees in paediatrics who have a specialist qualification equivalent to the Membership Examination of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (MRCPCH), specialist trainees in paediatric infectious diseases or relevant medical subspecialties, and clinical research fellows.
The syllabus covers the following topics:
- infectious syndromes
- therapeutics and infection control
- epidemiology, immunity and immunisation
- bacterial infections
- imported tropical disease and mycobacterial infection
- congenital and neonatal infection, sexually transmitted diseases and parasitic disease
- the immunocompromised host
- fungal infections
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Applications may remain open after this deadline if places are still available
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Health Sciences View 1969 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
- an appropriate medical qualification equivalent to MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery)
- All applicants should also hold a specialist qualification equivalent to the Membership Examination of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (MRCPCH).
- For applicants with a degree from the USA, the minimum GPA normally sought is 3.6 out of 4.0.
International9495 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9495 GBP per year during 24 months.
National5790 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5790 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Oxford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.