The Postgraduate Certificate in Science Communication - Science and Natural History Filmmaking at University of Otago caters for a range of students – those with no prior experience in science communication who want an introduction to the discipline as well as those who are already professional science communicators and have a desire to fill a skills gap or increase their understanding of the science of science communication.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Business of Filmmaking
- The Techniques of Natural History and Science Filmmaking
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Communication Sciences History View 18 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Entrance requirements for postgraduate study vary by programme with most requiring a minimum bachelor-level qualification in the same field, and some having additional requirements such as relevant work experience and/or professional registration in New Zealand.
- A postgraduate certificate or postgraduate diploma can usually be taken at any time after the completion of your bachelor's degree.
- If you hold an honours degree or postgraduate diploma you may be able to eligible for master’s study by thesis only. In some cases if you hold a bachelor’s degree you may apply for a coursework master’s degree or for master’s study by coursework and thesis.
International12634 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12634 USD per year during 6 months.
National5707 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5707 USD per year during 6 months.
- National: $9,501.00
- International: $17,377
Living costs for Dunedin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.