The Creative Music Practice program offered by University of Gloucestershire enables students with a range of musical disciplines (including business, production, sound, events, education, community practice and social enterprise) to develop and launch ambitious and sustainable projects.
Structured around your ambitions, the degree allows practitioners with diverse musical backgrounds and experience to work and develop alongside each other. Practical modules will help you progress a core set of production skills, while modules will allow project work tobe embedded within commercial and critical frameworks.
Our program has a strong practical focus, which allows students to develop and prototype ideas, and is underpinned by a set of critical and theoretical perspectives.
- Music Creative - Producer/Composer/Songwriter
- Studio Creative/Engineer
- Sound Design/Composition for Film, TV, Advertising & Games
- Live Events - Producer/Promoter
- Music start-up - Label/Artist management
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Groundwork for Creativity
- Fieldwork for Creative Practice
- Creativity in Context
- Critical Contexts
- Creative Music Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesMusic Creative Writing View 199 other Masters in Creative Writing in United Kingdom
- Honours degree or equivalent in a relevant subject
- We will consider a comparable professional or postgraduate qualification
- Applicants without a bachelor’s degree but with significant industry experience in areas including, but not limited to, music performance, composition, music and sound production, business and teaching are encouraged to apply
- Applicants for this course will be invited to attend an interview.
- All applications must be accompanied by a short project proposal of up to 1,000 words, that details your aims and objectives for the MA, with an indication of potential outcomes.
International14700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14700 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA6700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6700 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.