The Postgraduate Diploma in Science - Energy Science and Technology at University of Otago encompasses both papers and a research topic, and can be taken full-time.
Energy Science and Technology, and Energy Management are all about how to make the best use of our present and future energy sources. They address critical economic and environmental problems due to energy use by considering the technical, economic and social factors that affect the demand for energy.
There are great opportunities for qualified people to pursue a career in the rapidly developing energy area both within New Zealand and around the world. Our graduates find successful and fulfilling careers in a diverse range of energy areas, including:
- designing and implementing renewable energy supply solutions • renewable energy and energy-efficient technology research and development
- identifying and implementing energy efficiency and sustainability measures for industry, organizations, or in the residential sector
- assessing or managing energy use at energy intensive industrial sites or in commercial buildings
- advising on or developing energy and sustainability policy for national or local government.
- Every programme of study shall satisfy the requirements for the subject concerned as set out above.
- With the permission of the Heads of the Departments concerned, a candidate may substitute a paper of another subject for one of the required papers.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesElectronics & Embedded Technology Energy & Power Engineering View 14 other Masters in Electronics & Embedded Technology in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Entrance requirements for postgraduate study vary by programme with most requiring a minimum bachelor-level qualification in the same field, and some having additional requirements such as relevant work experience and/or professional registration in New Zealand.
- A postgraduate certificate or postgraduate diploma can usually be taken at any time after the completion of your bachelor's degree.
- If you hold an honours degree or postgraduate diploma you may be able to eligible for master’s study by thesis only. In some cases if you hold a bachelor’s degree you may apply for a coursework master’s degree or for master’s study by coursework and thesis.
International26053 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26053 USD per year during 12 months.
National6914 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6914 USD per year during 12 months.
- National: $9,501.00
- International: $35,798
Living costs for Dunedin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.