The aim of the Postgraduate Diploma in Theology - Christian Thought and History at University of Otago is to expose a candidate to advanced knowledge and skills in one of the sub-disciplines of Theology. Graduates of the Diploma are able to pursue careers in many fields, including education, counseling, and church-related areas.
Christian Thought and History is concerned with the growth and development of the Church from the first century to modern times and a critical exposition and analysis of Christian thought.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Every programme of study shall normally contain the papers required for the Honours programme in the subject concerned.
- With the permission of the Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Humanities), a candidate may substitute a paper of another subject for one of the required papers.
- The required dissertation must be submitted no later than 1 November of that year. Extension of time will be granted only in special circumstances at the discretion of the Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Humanities).
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesHistory Religious Studies & Theology Christian Studies View 30 other Masters in History in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Entrance requirements for postgraduate study vary by programme with most requiring a minimum bachelor-level qualification in the same field, and some having additional requirements such as relevant work experience and/or professional registration in New Zealand.
- A postgraduate certificate or postgraduate diploma can usually be taken at any time after the completion of your bachelor's degree.
- If you hold an honours degree or postgraduate diploma you may be able to eligible for master’s study by thesis only. In some cases if you hold a bachelor’s degree you may apply for a coursework master’s degree or for master’s study by coursework and thesis.
International20944 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20944 USD per year during 12 months.
National6019 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6019 USD per year during 12 months.
- National: $8,279.00
- International: $28,805
Living costs for Dunedin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.