Greater effort is now being put into assessing the safety and reliability of complex engineering systems, and of ensuring that existing facilities can continue to be operated safely and economically.
Safety and Reliability Engineering for Oil and Gas, ISS or MSc programme at University of Aberdeen provides advanced education and training for graduate engineers in the area of safety engineering, reliability engineering, and loss prevention.
There is a continuing demand for individuals with specialist knowledge in these areas, partly a result of the legal requirements to assess and control industrial risks to people and the environment and partly because of the need to create high integrity engineering systems in many industries.
Safety engineering is not a subject which is adequately covered in most undergraduate degrees, so this MSc programme brings together those topics relating to the safety and reliability of engineering products and systems, including the legislative framework, in a unified approach.
The MSc Safety and Reliability Engineering for Oil and Gas provides an integrated approach to safety and reliability issues across most of the traditional branches of engineering, and will allow you to specialise in offshore engineering, technical safety, reliability, legislations and regulations or human factors. You will be taught by staff from the School of Engineering, Institute of Mathematics, School of Psychology and the Department of Environmental and Occupational Medicine. In addition to the above, a number of lectures are given by industrially-based practising safety and reliability specialists.
Safety will always remain a vital part of the industry. Those with the right level of engineering skills will always be in demand.
- Health and Safety Engineer
- Project Technical Safety Engineer
- Safety and Reliability Engineer
- Technical Safety Engineer
- Technical Safety Operator
More informationVisit official programme website
- Fundamental Safety Engineering and Risk Management Concepts
- Offshore Structures & Subsea Systems
- Human Factors Engineering
- Applied Risk Analysis and Management
- 27 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering Mining, Oil & Gas View 19 other Masters in Mining, Oil & Gas in United Kingdom
- 2:1 (upper second class) UK Honours degree, or an Honours degree from a non-UK institution which is judged by the University to be of equivalent worth in any branch of Engineering, Mathematics or Physics.
- Those with a 2:2 Honours degree in Engineering may also be considered if they can demonstrate 2+ years of relevant Oil & Gas Industry experience.
- Key subjects you must have covered: Mathematics and Mechanical subjects such as stress analysis, strength of materials and thermodynamics.
International925 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 925 GBP per module and a duration of 27 months.
EU/EEA925 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 925 GBP per module and a duration of 27 months.
This programme is charged on a modular basis. The fee quoted is per 15 credit points.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.