At a Glance
Earn an accredited Masters in Safety and Reliability Engineering without taking a career break.
You can also study MSc Safety and Reliability Engineering full-time on campus.
Join an accredited online degree that delivers the specialist safety training many undergraduate engineering degrees lack.
- Enhance your engineering CV with expertise in the safety and reliability of complex engineering systems.
- Learn from the best in the business, with a university at the forefront of teaching and professional training for ambitious engineers.
- Master the concepts and tools of safety and risk management applicable to all industries, including oil and gas, chemical, transport and construction.
With the Safety and Reliability Engineering programme of the University of Aberdeen you’ll train in safety engineering, reliability engineering and loss prevention. You’ll learn to assess and control industrial risks and to create high-integrity engineering systems. And you’ll cover crucial human factors and legislative frameworks too.
Study online, part-time with our team of engineers, industry professionals, and practising safety and reliability specialists.
Where will this take me?
Your accredited MSc qualification from the University of Aberdeen will be recognised by industry and educational institutions around the world.
You’ll graduate ready to take on roles including:
- Health and Safety Engineer
- Project Technical Safety Engineer
- Safety and Reliability Engineer
- Technical Safety Engineer
- Technical Safety Operator.
There’s a continuing demand for engineers with specialist knowledge in safety engineering, reliability engineering and loss prevention across industries.
You could seek work within a range of sectors, including oil and gas, chemicals, transport and construction.
- Safety and Risk Management
- Subsea Integrity
- Human Factors Engineering
- Applied Risk Analysis and Management
- Fire and Explosion Engineering
- Statistics and Probability for Safety, Reliability and Quality
- 27 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
Deadlines for applying for full-time on campus postgraduate taught degrees starting in January will be confirmed shortly.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Energy & Power Engineering Transportation Engineering View 14 other Masters in Industrial & Systems Engineering in United Kingdom
- A 2:1 (upper-second) UK honours degree (or equivalent) in any branch of Engineering, Mathematics or Physics.
You can also apply if you have:
- a 2:2 UK honours degree (or equivalent) in Engineering and at least two years’ relevant oil and gas industry experience.
Key subjects you must have covered: Mathematics and Mechanical subjects, such as stress analysis, strength of materials and thermodynamics.
English language requirements
Personal statementDegree certificate
CV / Resume
A computer (PC, laptop or Mac) operating on:
- Windows 8 or later
- Mac OS 10.12 (Sierra) or later.
Reliable internet access
Speakers or headphonesWe will give you access to Office365 applications
International5688 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12800 GBP for the full programme during 27 months.
National5688 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12800 GBP for the full programme during 27 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.