Prepare for career success in international trade.
Join an online LLM that gives you a route to specialise in treaty negotiation.
International trade law and trade negotiation are attracting increased interest given economic globalisation, trade wars, world events like Brexit, and emphasis on sustainable development issues in trade policy.
Gain the specialist legal skills you need to succeed in this fascinating and challenging field.
With this unique online law programme, you can choose to graduate with one of two LLM qualifications:
LLM in International Trade Law
- 100% online, with a dissertation, or
LLM in International Trade Law and Treaty Negotiation with Professional Skills
- online, with an on-campus Professional Skills summer school in place of a dissertation.
Earn your LLM without taking a career break
With flexible part-time hours, you can study this degree around full-time work.
You’ll earn an LLM from a top 6 UK law school. And you’ll graduate ready to start or progress your career in government, trade finance, law firms, business, industry associations and non-governmental organisations (NGOs).
Where will this take me?
You’ll graduate the International Trade Law programme of the University of Aberdeen with an LLM, ready to start or further your career in a range of international trade areas, including:
- businesses involved in the import or export of goods
- industry associations
- government departments
- NGOs with interests in trade and sustainable development issues.
You can also pursue a career in academia in this area of law and/or conduct a PhD study.
- Negotiation Skills
- Mediation Theory and Practice
- International Arbitration Law
- International Investment Law
- International Investment Arbitration
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Law International Business View 76 other Masters in International Law in United Kingdom
- A 2:1 (upper-second) honours degree (or equivalent) in Law
- Relevant practical experience in a related field will also be beneficial
- English language requirements
- Degree transcript
- Personal statement
A computer (PC, laptop or Mac) operating on:
- Windows 8 or later
- Mac OS 10.12 (Sierra) or later
- Reliable internet access
- Speakers or headphones
- We will give you access to Office365 applications
International13820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13820 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National13820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13820 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.