At Anthropology and Ethnology - Cultural Differences and Transnational Process from Adam Mickiewicz University Poznan participation in the CREOLE network makes it possible for our MA students to take part in an exchange between Institutes and Departments of Anthropology in Europe and spend up to two semesters in places, such as Maynooth, Ireland; Vienna, Austria; Lyon, France; Bern, Switzerland; Ljubljana, Slovenia; Barcelona, Spain.
We will give our students an opportunity to develop their research skills and extend the range of the methods at their disposal, by offering also advanced training in visual media. In the Master’s Program you will:
- Gain an understanding of anthropological approaches to urgent societal changes in CEE and beyond,
- Learn ethnographic research methods and anthropological theories applicable to the study of international migration, populism, medicine, economic growth, environment, and energy,
- Develop problem-solving skills and ability to provide policy and program recommendations,
- Study anthropology abroad in one of the CREOLE network institutions.
The Ethnology - Cultural Differences and Transnational Process programme from Adam Mickiewicz University Poznan is research oriented. The program offers an opportunity to conduct ethnographic research in Poland and other countries, especially in the CEE region. The program will prepare students for doctoral studies as well as careers in public policy, civil society and community organizing, journalism and visual media, public administration, social work, and education. Getting a master’s degree in Anthropology will equip students with data and practical skills to deal with the challenges and to embrace the opportunities of todays’ changing societies.
- Cultural Differences
- Transnational Processes
- Cultural Studies
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Anthropology Ethnic Studies View 12 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Poland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Adam Mickiewicz University Poznan and/or in Poland, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- a scan of a foreign document, which is legalized or accompanied by an apostille, entitling the candidate to take up higher education studies in the country where the document was issued
- a scan of translation of the document into the language of the studies undertaken by the candidate, performed by a sworn translator entered into the list of sworn translators maintained by the Polish Minister of Justice, or certified by a Polish consul in the country where the document was issued
- a certificate of recognition of a foreign certificate as equivalent to Polish Matura certificate issued by a competent Board of Education – if the foreign certificate is not recognized, by virtue of law or under international agreements, as a document entitling to commence higher education studies in Poland
- a scan of a document confirming the entitlement to study tuition-free – in the case of foreigners
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Registration: 85 PLN
Living costs for Poznan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.