The Public Policy programme offered at the University of Bristol is intended for those who aspire to pursue professional career options, including policy planning, policy consultancy and policy officer positions for large and medium institutions and policy consultancy.
As well as considering generic policy concerns, the programme gives you an opportunity to choose from a range of substantive policy issues, such as the economics of public policy, poverty and social exclusion, penal policy, migration, asylum and sustainability. Every unit considers policy in an international and comparative context.
Graduates from our MSc in Public Policy frequently work in roles that focus on strategy, policy development and implementation, or policy research. Potential employers include local or central government departments; national or international non-governmental organisations; and international institutions, such as the European Union and the United Nations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Governance, Institutions and the Global Political Economy
- Power, Politics and the Policy Process
- Informing and Evaluating Policy - Research Methods and Analysis
- The Economics of Public Policy
- Health and Health Care in a Global Context
- Public Management and Organisations
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Administration Public Policy View 353 other Masters in Public Policy in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- An upper second-class honours degree (or international equivalent) in a relevant social science discipline, such as sociology, social policy, social welfare, public administration, social administration, demography/population studies, accounting and finance, economics, political science, management, history, philosophy and law. Other academic backgrounds will also be considered.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25200 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10100 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: part-time £5,050
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.