Through the Modern Languages, Literature and Culture MA at King's College London you will be able to choose from the widest range of modules from the medieval to the contemporary and covering film, literature, visual arts, drama, philosophy, cultural memory and history.
- Our French, German and Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American Studies Departments are amongst the oldest in the country, with an international reputation for the quality of our teaching and research
- We provide each student with close and personal attention, with teaching offered in small groups that draw on the breadth and depth of our research expertise and enthusiasm
- Students can take advantage of our central location in London giving them easy access to a wide range of institutes and centres that promote French, German, Hispanic and Lusophone cultures. We regularly collaborate with distinguished London partners (previous collaborations have included the Tate, Imperial War Museum, Freud Museum and the Wiener Library)
- Our broad range of modules offer a truly interdisciplinary approach within and across languages that can be tailored to suit individual interests
Career prospectsSome of our students go on to research in our department or at other institutions. Others have gone on to excel in a diverse range of careers such as teaching, journalism, cultural management, politics and world of finance.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Beyond the Human
- Culture & Society in Spain, 1800–1936
- Culture and Identity in Brazil: Contradictions of Modernity
- Documenting the Camp: Testimony, Memory, Legacy
- German in the World
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies Literature View 361 other Masters in Literature in United Kingdom
- Minimum 2:1 BA honours degree or equivalent in Modern Languages or a related discipline.
- A personal statement of up to 4,000 characters (maximum 2 pages) is required.
- A copy (or copies) of your official academic transcript(s), showing the subjects studied and marks obtained.
- One academic reference is required. A professional reference will be accepted if you have completed your qualifications over five years ago. In some cases, we may request an additional reference from you.
- Please include a writing sample of your work of up to 4,000 words. This should be in English, fully referenced, and preferably on a subject relevant to the MA.
- Applicants may wish to include a CV (Resume) or evidence of professional registration as part of their application.
International23460 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23460 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10500 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Home/EU fees: £5,250 per year
- Overseas fees: £11,730 per year
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.