We are engaged in research across many areas in pure and applied mathematics, and statistical science. We possess intellectual, educational, and material resources to provide the highest quality training for our postgrads.
According to the Times Higher Education analysis of the last Research Excellence Framework, Bristol, Cambridge, Imperial, Oxford and Warwick are the five top UK Maths departments. Our academic staff are among the world’s best in their areas and have won distinguished prizes and fellowships, and major grants.
Members of the school collaborate with colleagues from a variety of disciplines at Bristol, including physics, social sciences, biology and medicine, as well as with external organisations, such as Hewlett Packard, QinetiQ, Unilever, Barclays Bank, the Government Communications Headquarters and National Air Traffic Services.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The priorities of the school's research efforts are:
- execution of internationally recognised world-class mathematical and statistical research, resulting in key publications and presentations;
- research training of graduate students who show the highest potential;
- research development and career progression of post-doctoral research workers;
- interaction with external groups both within academia and beyond;
- commercialising opportunities combining research and enterprise.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Actuarial Science View 264 other Masters in Mathematics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A first-class or upper second-class honours degree (or international equivalent) in mathematics or a closely related subject, or a relevant master's qualification. Places funded by the school may be subject to higher entry requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24600 GBP per year during 12 months.
National4565 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4565 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: part-time - £2,283
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.