At a Glance
The Clinical Education programme of the University of Aberdeen enables students to tailor their learning to the role of a clinical educator further developing particular interests with elective courses (e.g. simulation in clinical education) and/or with a Masters research project.
Students primarily enrol for Postgraduate Certificate (1st Year) before progressing to Postgraduate Diploma (2nd Year) and MSc (3rd year), subject to personal developmental goals.
The Diploma modules are designed to build on the knowledge and skills acquired during the Certificate stage, and to prepare and empower students for a role as an educational manager, leader and scholar through the development and application of advanced skills.
Completion of the Diploma will allow entry to Masters level. With support and guidance from a dedicated supervisor, students will design and conduct a research project. Students can write up their study in the form of a scientific paper/journal article and a research poster.
By studying an MSc in Clinical Education at the University of Aberdeen you will have a solid grounding to enhance your role and career for teaching and learning in clinical and related education. You will develop expert knowledge and understanding of education that will enable you to help enhance and advance clinical educational practice.
Graduates of this programme have applied their knowledge and skills to their role as an educator in their existing clinical and academic post. However, many have gone on to develop as educators in a variety of roles such as Lecturers in Medical Education, Clinical Supervisors, and Simulation Faculty.
Many have also gone on to undertake lead roles in academic programmes, clinical post graduate training and conduct healthcare education research in areas as diverse as selection and assessment psychometrics.
Some of the career opportunities include:
- Further study (PhD)
- Clinical academic jobs in university settings, e.g. lecturer, researcher
- Clinical educational roles including those requiring recognition and approval by the General Medical Council such as educational supervisors, and lead roles such as directors of medical education or training programme director.
An MSc in Clinical Education from the University of Aberdeen will demonstrate to employers that you have the experience of applying the knowledge, skills and attitudes to the role of an educator in the context of clinical education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Core Values of Clinical Educators
- Planning and Design of Clinical Education
- Teaching and Facilitating Learning in Clinical Education
- Principles of Assessment in Clinical Education
- Leadership in Higher / Clinical Education
- Fundamentals of Research Design
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Health Management Health Sciences View 1736 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants will usually possess an honours level degree, usually in a healthcare (e.g. MBChB, nursing or BDS) or healthcare related area (e.g. psychology) and currently be involved in teaching practice to be eligible
- English Language Requirements
International925 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 925 GBP per module during 36 months.
National925 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 925 GBP per module during 36 months.
- Fee is charged on a course basis per 15 credits
Living costs for Aberdeen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.