Physics is about studying the fundamental laws of nature. You will learn about the interaction of atoms, the movement of waves, why time moves forward, and about elementary particles – fundamental processes in nature. But most importantly you will learn to reveal, understand and describe the underlying laws and connections of nature. You can become an outstanding problem solver, but also the one who poses the most important and fundamental questions. You will acquire skills which allow you to lay the foundation of the scientific and technological development.
The Master in Physics at University of Oslo gives you the possibility to choose a specialization within most core areas of physics.
You have insights in physics at an advanced level:
- You have thorough knowledge in physical theories, models and methods within your programme option.
- You have broad knowledge of relevant experimental and numerical Methods.
- You have broad knowledge regarding advanced analytical models and methods in physics.
More informationVisit official programme website
The programme has 6 programme options:
- Biological and Medical Physics
- Materials, Nanophysics and Quantum Qechnology
- Nuclear and Particle Physics
- Physics Didactics
- Space Physics and Technology
- Theoretical Physics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesPhysics View 8 other Masters in Physics in Norway
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Scan of non-Norwegian passport or ID card
- Documentation of English language proficiency
- Documentation of completed upper secondary education
- Final bachelor's degree diploma(s)/certificate(s)
- Transcript of records for your bachelor's degree
- Degree/ relevant courses to be completed - Only applicable for Nordic and EU/EEA/Swiss Citizens and applicants with a permanent or renewable residence permit in Norway
- Final degree diploma and transcript of records
- Documentation of financing (if applicable)
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.