The Postgraduate Diploma in Child Health at University of Otago is recommended that students enrol for Community Child Health immediately before or after completing Clinical Attachment in Paediatrics.
Community Child Health is also available, on its own, to a wider range of postgraduate students from medical training programmes (e.g. the General Practice Education Programme (GPEP), or the Master of Health Sciences (MHealSc) degree), as well as non-medical postgraduate students from health professions such as nursing, physiotherapy and occupational therapy.
Clinical Attachment in Paediatrics can also be taken as a stand-alone paper for a Certificate of Proficiency (COP), an attractive option for medical staff going into fields such as emergency medicine and anaesthesia.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Child Health (DCH) is also available through Distance Learning.
- Community Child Health
- Clinical Attachment in Paediatrics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
July commencement may be possible, although the duration of the qualification may be longer.
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 94 other Masters in Health Sciences in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Otago and/or in New Zealand, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Entrance requirements for postgraduate study vary by programme with most requiring a minimum bachelor-level qualification in the same field, and some having additional requirements such as relevant work experience and/or professional registration in New Zealand.
- A postgraduate certificate or postgraduate diploma can usually be taken at any time after the completion of your bachelor's degree.
- If you hold an honours degree or postgraduate diploma you may be able to eligible for master’s study by thesis only. In some cases if you hold a bachelor’s degree you may apply for a coursework master’s degree or for master’s study by coursework and thesis.
International25562 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25562 USD per year during 12 months.
National8410 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8410 USD per year during 12 months.
- National: $11,556.00
Living costs for Dunedin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.