- Building on the excellent teaching capabilities in creative writing at the Southern Cross University, this postgraduate Creative Writing course is designed to develop your writing across a range of genres with specific feedback from professional writers and the opportunity to undertake an extended writing project, with a concentration on publishing, editing and practical career opportunities.
- The University has strong links with the thriving Northern Rivers arts community and there are many placement and networking opportunities available during your studies. Southern Cross is the education partner of the Byron Writers Festival and Northern Rivers Performing Arts (NORPA), and supports the Bellingen Readers Writers Festival among other local events.
Career opportunities exist as a writer of novels and scripts; food, nature, art or travel writer; feature journalist; critic and reviewer; essayist; poet; editor and publisher; or as a writer for marketing and public relations, the public service and arts-related industries.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Contemporary Reading and Writing Practices
- Literary Studies: Reading Culture
- Writing Across the Genres
- Creative Nonfiction
- Writing Project A (Research and Writing)
- Writing Project B (Writing as Research)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesCreative Writing Liberal Arts View 8 other Masters in Creative Writing in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS Provider: 01241G
- Qualification equivalent to an Australian Bachelor degree [suggest linking to policy], plus specific requirements as indicated in the course structure tab. Students are required to have a degree considered by the University to be equivalent to an Australian Bachelor degree. Students without a degree but with substantial relevant work experience may be admitted to a Graduate Diploma or Masters.
International3350 AUD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3350 AUD per module and a duration of 24 months.
National2790 AUD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2790 AUD per module and a duration of 24 months.
- Tuition fee is considered on a "per unit" basis.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.