The Biomedical Engineering study programme offered by Vilnius Gediminas Technical University aims at preparing professionals who would acquire the skills and knowledge to close the gap between engineering and medicine by combining the design and problem-solving skills of engineering with medical biological sciences and to advance health care services through the application of engineering principles and design concepts, innovative technologies and methods of multidisciplinary research.
What will students learn?
- Students will acquire skills and knowledge of interdisciplinary research methods
- Will be able to develop and apply methodologies of experimental and analytical research
- Will be able to identify and tackle health care related technological problems through critical thinking and application of engineering design concepts
- Will acquire skills of modern research techniques like computer-based medical simulations, acquisition and processing of biosignals, medical imaging, modelling of biomechanical systems, biotissue engineering, prosthetics and rehabilitation engineering, artificial organs
Persons with the Master in Bioengineering qualification degree at Vilnius Gediminas Technical University are able to work in health care centres, hospitals and medical equipment companies, orthopaedic bioengineering, perform R&D.
Graduates can obtain appropriate job position after graduation not only in Lithuania but also abroad. After graduation, it is possible to further studies in doctoral programmes.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Dynamics of Biomechanical Systems
- Means and Utilization Equipment of Health-Care Wastes
- Master Graduation Thesis
- Fundamentals of Research and Innovation
- The Use of the Finite Elements Method in Continuum Mechanics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 23 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Lithuania
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent (official transcripts required) with grades (minimum 60% CGPA). Please check country specific requirements for detailed information.
- Two academic references.
- Acceptance by the Dean’s Office of the chosen faculty.
- To this programme applicants are accepted from fields of: Biomedical Sciences or Engineering, Electrical or Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Industrial Engineering, Bioengineering
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4787 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4787 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4787 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4787 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Vilnius
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.