At the University of Reading studying the Research Pharmacy Practice at The School of Pharmacy has strong links with practitioners and the NHS and encourages a collaborative and supportive research community, creating an ideal environment to study for an MSc by Research
At the University of Reading we have invested in facilities and resources that will inspire our students and maximise their potential. Facilities and resources you will have access to whilst studying include Clinical Skills Suite – state-of-the-art clinical suite that includes large teaching space, consultation rooms, physical monitoring devices including blood-pressure meters, and glucose and cholesterol-testing devices.
Pharmacy Practice Rooms – a dispensing facility which houses software that allows prescription and dispensing activities to be mimicked in a laboratory setting to support MSc projects.
Analytical resources – including access to a range of software such as SPSS, NVivo, MindManager, EndNote as well as the services of the Statistical Advisory Service
Research projects are offered in five key research areas: Service Development and Quality Improvement; Clinical Practice and Patient Care; Human Factors and Systems Safety; Conceptual Development; and Philosophy of Care, Education and Training.
Your research project may feature joint supervision and input from our numerous pharmacy partners.
- PMMR1A research methods: provides training in generic and pharmacy practice-specific research skills
- PMMR1B advanced topics in research: students will follow a programme of seminars and small group discussions and develop their individual research proposal
- PMMR2 research project: students will undertake an extended 30-week project collaboration with a pharmacy practice base on a research topic of their choice
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Pharmacy View 943 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
- Full transcripts of all degree programmes taken. If these are not in English, a certified translation into English is required.
- An English language certificate (for example IELTS or TOEFL)
- Contact details for two academic/professional references.
- Statement of purpose.
- A copy of your passport (for international students).
International24460 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24460 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12910 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12910 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Reading
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.