This English-taught International Public Policy degree offered by Queen Mary University of London is a flexible online programme which allows you to continue your day-to-day activities while you enrich your knowledge.
During your studies, you’ll explore the development, possibilities and limitations of international policy-making, including cooperation issues, the impact of international law and norms, and the role of international organisations and non-state stakeholders in policy-making.
The course combines the specific theories, concepts and cases of public policy with international relations studies to ensure you gain a firm grasp of the decision-making and implementation processes involved in international public policy.
Available study options
- The International Public Policy programme can be studied as:
- Master of science (MSc) - 4 modules plus dissertation
- Postgraduate Diploma (PGDip) - 4 modules plus dissertation
- Postgraduate Certificate (PGCert) – 2 modules
Why study this programme?
Study at a prestigious international university
- The School of Politics is member of the well-known Russel Group
- You can start a career in Public Policy in the UK
- Flexibility: you can work and study at the same time
- Receive support from QMUL staff anytime you need
As an online student, you will have the same advantages as those who study on campus
Gain knowledge in areas like contemporary world politics, evaluation and delivery in public policy or globalisation and the international political economy of development
Teaching and Assessment
The aim of the faculty is to create interactive content which is relevant in the global context at the same time. You will be taught by academic experts who will lead you through webinars and discussion forums. The aim of these tools is to generate interactions between participants in order to exchange opinions, experience, and information regarding topics from the field of Public Policy.
The assessments for this programme will be based on research essays, report writing and, at the end, a dissertation.
Even if you are joining an online study programme, you will have the same benefits as the students who join on campus programmes. You will have tutor support, online helping material and many interactive features.
Your experience at QMUL has to be pleasant. That’s why, when you first enrol, a student advisor will help you with any non-academic issue.
The know-how gained from this programme allows students to get access to various career prospects. Also, they can opt for an academic career. The alumni have the capacity to combine their theoretical understanding, critical thinking and research skills which makes them attractive for employers.
Graduates from our programmes progress to diverse positions of responsibility in government, non-governmental organisations (NGOs), international organisations and the not-for-profit sector as well as broader roles in the media and finance sector. They also go on to careers in academia and our programmes help students develop the required research skills.
Examples of some employers of former students:
- International Monetary Fund (IMF)
- International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Society
- Alliance for Peacebuilding
- United Nations – Perú
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Contemporary World Politics: Theories, Concepts, Themes
- Theories and Concepts in Public Policy
- Evaluation and Delivery in Public Policy
- Themes and Cases in US Foreign Policy
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Public Policy View 43 other Masters in Public Policy in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- To apply for this course, you should have:
- A minimum 2:1 degree in politics or a related discipline and/or appropriate professional experience*
- We may consider applicants with academic and/or professional experience outside this requirement if your experience and motivation demonstrate your ability to complete the programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12900 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
National6450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12900 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
- £12,900 (MSc); £8,600 (PGDip); £4,300 (PGCert)
As an MSc International Public Policy student at QMUL, you might be eligible to receive a postgraduate loan.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.