At the University of Reading studying the Food Technology - Quality Assurance you will gain detailed knowledge of the application of science and technology to the provision of safe and quality food from a Department with an outstanding reputation for excellence in teaching and research. Our staff are enthusiastic and their friendly approach to students is always mentioned by our graduates.
You will graduate with the ability to apply and maintain advanced quality systems meeting international expectations, and excellent practical experience: we have a well-equipped building which enables us to provide comprehensive training opportunities for further research on graduation. You will have access to extensive laboratories for practicals and research project including a pilot plant, food processing centre and sensory science centre.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Microbes, Food Safety and Health
- Food Manufacturing and Process Design
- Food Composition and Quality
- Food Product Reformulation
- Food Control Management
- Risk Analysis in the Food Chain
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesNatural Sciences Food Sciences Culinary Arts View 102 other Masters in Food Sciences in United Kingdom
- Full transcripts of all degree programmes taken. If these are not in English, a certified translation into English is required.
- An English language certificate (for example IELTS or TOEFL)
- Contact details for two academic/professional references.
- Statement of purpose.
- A copy of your passport (for international students).
Living costs for Reading
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.