At the University of Reading studying the Food Science will give you the expertise for a career working with multinational food manufacturers, major retail chains and government bodies.
What you will get from this course:
- You will gain a detailed knowledge of the science and technology of food
- You will develop the ability to provide industry and governments with an understanding of the science underpinning food safety and quality
- You will join a Department with an outstanding reputation for excellence in teaching and research
- You will benefit from a well-equipped building and training opportunities for further research on graduation
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Microbes, food safety and health
- Food chemistry: structure, flavour and colour
- Food manufacturing and process design
- Sensory science
- Food product reformulation
- Applied food quality and safety
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesNatural Sciences Food Sciences Culinary Arts View 6 other Masters in Culinary Arts in United Kingdom
- Full transcripts of all degree programmes taken. If these are not in English, a certified translation into English is required.
- An English language certificate (for example IELTS or TOEFL)
- Contact details for two academic/professional references.
- Statement of purpose.
- A copy of your passport (for international students).
Living costs for Reading
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.