Education (Early Years) from University of Reading is designed to enhance the analytical and research skills that you will need to pursue your desired career, whether you choose to specialise in teaching and working with children and young people in schools and other education settings, develop your profile in education leadership and policy to bring about change, or investigate the research and scholarship that influences professional practice and decision-making in education.
Our master’s programme is the ideal qualification for educators at all points in their careers. Where students choose to pursue a specialism, they may wish to use this to further develop their professional expertise in education and teaching.
- Developing expertise in teaching
- Child Development and Education
- Independent Study in Education
- Key Concepts in Educational Leadership and Management
- Leading and Managing Educational Change
- Second Language Teaching and Learning
- Values and Practices in Education
- Behavioural Insight
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research Teaching View 980 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
- You hold, or are predicted to achieve, a 2.1 UK honours degree or equivalent non-UK qualification normally in Education Studies, or Education Studies with another subject. interest in education and an appropriate level of professional experience.
- You present appropriate evidence of a minimum of one year, full-time equivalent, of professional experience working as an educator.
- You must have professional experience in the practical application of education, and have led and delivered educational activity.
- You must supply one reference from a suitable person in authority who can confirm the extent, range and quality of your professional experience to the satisfaction of the Admissions Team.
- You present a personal statement that details your rationale for applying for the MA Education programme.
- International applicants must hold IELTS 6.5 overall with no element less than 6.0 (or equivalent).
International18650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18650 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 12 months.
UK/Republic of Ireland students have the same tuition.
Living costs for Reading
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.