You will use state-of-the-art economic theories to discover the impact of global trade and of financial globalisation on economic growth and welfare.
As you develop your skills, you will learn to recognise the forces that shape geographical patterns of economic activity. You will learn to advise firms and governments on how to reap the benefits of globalisation and international value chains.
The MSc Economic Development and Globalization from University of Groningen was previously offered under the name MSc International Economics and Business.
- After completing this programme you are a broadly-oriented economist with a strong international profile.
- You are ready for an international career at multinational firms, in financial institutions, consultancy and public organisations. Jobs such as market analyst, trade expert, global strategy and policy advisor will suit you well.
- Economic Development
- Globalization, Growth and Development
- International Capital and Globalization
- Central-Eastern European Economics
- DDM - Applied International and Development Economics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Econometrics View 44 other Masters in Econometrics in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A GMAT/GRE test is required from all candidates who obtained their bachelor's degree from a university in a non-EU/EEA country.
- IELTS Academic overall score 6.5 (Speaking 6, Writing 6.5); TOEFL internet-based overall score 90 (Speaking 20, Writing 24); C1 Advanced, C2 Proficiency (with minimum score 180).
- To be eligible for admission to this Master, you need to hold an academic Bachelor's or Master's degree from a research university in one of the following - or closely related - fields: Business Economics, Business Administration, Econometrics and Operations Research, Economics and Business Economics, International Business, Technology Management.
International15900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15900 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2168 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Leeuwarden
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.