Jointly offered by the School of Engineering and the School of Business and Management, this unique Master of Science (MSc) program seeks to nurture engineering talents with entrepreneurial spirit and design and system thinking mindset so they can start their own business using innovative technologies or to initiate innovation within companies.
The Technology Leadership and Entrepreneurship program offered by the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology is centered around the project – each student, working independently or in a team, will conceptualize and develop a product/service idea during their study period. Along the way, they can enroll in technical courses to build in-depth knowledge about the product domain, helping them to discriminate their ideas and build a market edge.
In parallel, they will learn foundations for design, entrepreneurship, leadership, and business via a rich selection of courses. Project supervisors can be selected from among any faculty in HKUST. Students will be equipped with practical details of launching a startup in the Hong Kong and/or The Pearl River Delta (PRD) area via a startup workshop. Successful graduates are expected to make a positive impact towards the development of better society and the world.
- Technology Leadership and Entrepreneurship
- Product Development and Prototyping
- Startup Workshop
- 18 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEntrepreneurship Leadership View 6 other Masters in Entrepreneurship in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants seeking admission to a master's degree program should have obtained a bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution, or an approved equivalent qualification.
- Applicants have to fulfill English Language requirements
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science area is highly preferred.
- Candidates who have completed a bachelor’s degree in other areas with outstanding academic performance may also be considered.
- GRE scores will be considered if available.
- Applicants need to demonstrate an ability in taking initiatives, such as having contributed to innovative/entrepreneurial projects.
- Applicants may be shortlisted for admission interviews.
International25795 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25795 USD per year during 18 months.
National25795 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25795 USD per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.