Written and graphical cultural heritage are two central areas of identification and legitimisation of Europe´s society and civilisation. Proper comprehensive preservation of written and graphical heritage is essential. Continuing education on the proper protection measures as a task of society cannot be overestimated.
Study with the university chair in the Interdisciplinary Methods in Graphic Art, Book and Document Conservation program of the Danube University Krems to learn to develop concepts of written and graphic heritage preservation which are most appropriate in terms of the needs of the heritage items themselves, while taking into account people-related, economic, legal and societal aspects, as well as to lead in the implementation of such concepts, contributing to the preservation of our cultural heritage.
- collection managers
- public funding agencies
- art historians
- researchers in the fields of codicology
- relevant natural sciences
- Philosophy and theories of written/graphic heritage conservation
- Ethics of written/graphic heritage conservation
- International recommendations in the field of written/graphic heritage preservation
- Environment aspects (monasteries, private collections, state libraries)
- First-response measures in cases of catastrophes affecting written/graphic heritage
- Water-response measures in cases of catastrophes affecting written/graphic heritage
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Danube University Krems and/or in Austria, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Study or an equivalent qualification according to regulations.
- Registration and application for admission
- Annex admission fee
- Letter of intent (motivational letter)
- Europass CV
- A valid passport or personal ID card (original)
- Evidence of tertiary level education (certificate of award and transcript of records, notification). Foreign documents must be submitted together with the required notarial certifications and legalization.
- Evidence of general qualification for university entrance (baccalaureate, matriculation certificate, proof of suitability to study).
- Notifications, provided they do not have a digital official signature.
- Evidence that specific criteria for admission required in the respective curriculum are met (language skills, professional experience, training).
- Documents concerning name changes (marriage certificate), if applicable.
- Admission interview and/or the enrolment procedure.
International5600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 EUR for the full programme during 30 months.
EU/EEA5600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 EUR for the full programme during 30 months.
Living costs for Krems
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.