The Foundations of Clinical Psychology course offered by Staffordshire University will develop your knowledge of clinical psychology and your professional and research skills. You’ll be taught by clinical psychologists and psychology staff, and undertake a placement.
You’ll be based in our £30million Science Centre in the heart of Stoke-on-Trent, complete with research labs and teaching spaces.
The Department of Psychology specialises in applied psychological research and teaching. Our work contributes to knowledge in the academic community as well as being relevant to practitioners, policy-makers and the wider community. We already run a suite of undergraduate psychology courses and a well-established Professional Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, so have experienced staff to support you through your studies.
Graduates from the course may choose to continue with further training, including the Professional Doctorate in Clinical Psychology or a PhD. Graduates from our psychology masters courses have also gone on to pursue a range of careers including:
- Research assistants
- Systematic reviewers
- Assistant psychologists
- Roles in drug and alcohol support
- Stop-smoking advisors
- Clinical Psychology: Science and Experience
- Community Perspectives in Clinical Psychology
- Applied Therapeutic And Clinical Skills
- Psychological Research Methods
- Applied Psychology Placement
- 11 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- The earlier you apply, the better.
DisciplinesPsychology Clinical Psychology View 856 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
- A minimum of a 2:1 psychology degree (recognised by the British Psychological Society as providing the Graduate Basis for Chartership), OR a merit in an MSc Psychology conversion course (recognised by the British Psychological Society as providing the Graduate Basis for Chartership), or equivalent two good references to support the application.
International15000 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 GBP for the full programme during 11 months.
National8245 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8245 GBP for the full programme during 11 months.
- Study option UK / Channel Islands Part-time £4,118. per year of study
Living costs for Stoke-on-Trent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.