In this popular industry, you’ll gain all the right skills to excel as a 3D artist or theory-based games designer. The 3D Computer Games Design course will teach you advanced techniques to use as a character, environment or vehicle and weapon artist, with the aim of setting you up for your future career. As a designer, you will harness the power of ‘Unreal Engine’ to develop complex frameworks, artificial intelligence systems, and small games.
At Staffordshire University, see your work come to life using industry-standard software for sculpting, texturing, simulating and 3D painting.
You'll have access to a fully equipped, industry-standard and professional space for games developers as well as technology, teaching time and guidance from experts in the field.
After completing 3D Computer Games Design, you’ll be equipped to work in the following roles:
- Game designer
- Level designer
- Mission scripter
- Game tester
- Character artist
- Environment modeller
- Vehicle artist
- User interface artist
- Teaching games design/Games academic
- Advanced Games Environment Design and Research
- Advanced Vehicle and Weapon Prototyping
- Advanced Character Prototyping
- Masters Collaborative Project
- Project and Portfolio
- 13 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
The earlier you apply, the better.
DisciplinesGraphic Design User Experience Design Video Games & Multimedia View 23 other Masters in User Experience Design in United Kingdom
We have a portfolio entrance requirement:
- For 3D artists we’d ideally like to see a high–low poly workflow, 3D sculpting, unwrapping, texturing and the use of a games engine to display assets. We’re lenient about this as some of our best graduates have come from non-games degrees such as architectural rendering or animation or had gaps in their portfolio, so feel free to get in touch!
- For designers, we’d ideally like to see an example of level designs, videos/demos of small games and examples of visual /c# scripting. We understand that you may not have used Unreal Engine and are lenient to those who come with other Game Engine experience.
International Applies to you11772 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12750 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 13 months.
EU/EEA Applies to you8136 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8820 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 13 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.