- featuring two short training projects and one extended research project
- provides multiple opportunities for direct contact with leading academics and industry partners across a wide range of research areas.
You will choose your extended research project after exploring BCFN's research network through your short projects and the teaching programme. Recent project titles have included ‘Tunable Fluorescent Carbon Dots for Digital Display Technologies', ‘Nanoscale Bi/Sb Chalcohalides for Solar Energy Conversion’ and ‘Silk-Bone: a New Spin on Bone-tissue Engineering’.
The combination of skills training and world-class nanoscience means that graduates of this programme have either started a PhD or successfully obtained full-time employment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Functional Nanomaterials Lecture Course
- Advanced Tools for Nanoscience
- Nanoscience Skills and Training Assignment
- Communication and Management Skills
- Extended Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesPhysics View 172 other Masters in Physics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- An upper second-class honours degree (or equivalent) in a science or engineering discipline (eg chemistry, physics, biology, biochemistry, materials science or chemical engineering).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23200 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11700 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Channel Islands/Isle of Man: full-time - £14,240
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.