The Master of Public Health offered by Staffordshire University is an internationally recognised qualification in public health. Public health practice draws on a wide range of academic disciplines and skills. The curriculum is based around the syllabus for the Part A examinations of the Faculty of Public Health and includes aspects of all 10 competencies for public health practice.
The course will enable students to develop further academic and transferable skills. These will focus on the development of a sophisticated understanding of the concepts of public health and public health practice.
Students may already be working in a public health organisation, but completion of this course will enhance employment opportunities in a variety of public health areas, including specialist, practitioner, academic or other roles.
This course is for anyone aspiring to practice public health in the UK or overseas. Applicants may currently be working in the NHS or other healthcare organisations, in fields such as medicine, nursing, management, clinical governance, research, health promotion or professions related to medicine.
- Epidemiology and Basic Statistics
- Research Methods and Data Analysis in Public Health
- Disease Causation, Prevention and Control
- Working With Communities for Health Improvement
- Public Health Principles and Practice
- Masters' Research Project
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health View 152 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
- Applicants will normally possess an honours degree of class (2:1) or above or equivalent, and have a minimum of one year’s professional experience working in a public health role, community, government setting or similar. We consider each application on its own merits however, and other qualifications and experience may be considered. Most students will already be working full-time in a related area. For those with a professional qualification, Accreditation of Prior Achievement (APA) can be considered.
- We will also require two references, a copy of your current curriculum vitae (CV) and evidence of existing Higher Educational qualifications.
International6345 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6345 GBP per year and a duration of 30 months.
EU/EEA6345 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6345 GBP per year and a duration of 30 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!