The Digital Asset and Media Management MA at King's College London is designed to prepare students for a broad range of career opportunities in a dynamic and exciting digital world that is driven by knowledge and innovation. As an MA DAMM student, you will be introduced to a fascinating array of relevant theoretical ideas as part of your core module, such as disruptive innovation theory, the attention economy, digital strategy, metadata, social media marketing, and the lifecycle of digital asset.
Because the management of digital assets has become a critical concern for organisations operating across nonprofit and for-profits sectors, this programme is playing a critical role in preparing students for DAMM and DAMM related careers.
Combining theoretical and practical components, the programme is designed to link important theoretical ideas with industry-focused case studies and practical group projects. The MA DAMM team recently welcomed world leading DAM expert Theresa Regli to the DAMM team, a move designed to ensure that our students are industry-ready on completion of this programme.
- We draw on a wide range of expertise, offering insights into curatorial and archival practices associated with digital asset management across industry sectors, encompassing nonprofits (e.g. libraries, orchestras, museums) and for-profits (e.g. broadcasting corporations, gaming companies, commercial archives, social media).
- The programme is designed to encourage students to critically explore interesting questions into the nature of digital technology and socio-economic questions such as rights and project management.
- The course tutors offer unrivalled expertise in technologies and processes that allow the quick and efficient storage, retrieval and reuse of digital assets throughout their lifecycle. Tutors come from a diverse and highly interdisciplinary background, having managed digital archives in the nonprofit heritage sector or, for example, worked on large digital projects in the gaming, film, or broadcasting sectors.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Web Technologies
- Digital Publishing
- Communication and Consumption of Cultural Heritage
- Digital Media, Digital Marketing
- Data Journalism
- Digital Asset and Media Management in the Broadcast Media
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Students currently residing in mainland China: January 7
DisciplinesManagement Studies Informatics & Information Technology Digital Marketing View 308 other Masters in Digital Marketing in United Kingdom
- Bachelors degree with high 2:1 honours (i.e. overall average of at least 65% across all years of study) valid in any discipline and/or substantial work experience involving the management, use or creation of digital media and resources.
- Please provide a writing sample of around 500 words, answering the following questions. Please note this an essential requirement and supporting statements which do not answer the questions below will not be assessed as part of your application.
- A copy (or copies) of your official academic transcript(s), showing the subjects studied and marks obtained.
- One academic reference is required. A professional reference will be accepted if you have completed your qualifications over five years ago. In some cases, we may request an additional reference from you.
- Applicants may wish to include a CV (Resume) or evidence of professional registration as part of their application.
International27900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27900 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11040 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11040 GBP per year during 12 months.
- National: £5,520 per year
- International: £13,950 per year
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.