You will examine disaster risk reduction and choose from a wide range of modules, enabling you to build a study pathway that can include technical specialities in GIS and remote sensing, organisational risk management, or poverty alleviation and international development. The Disasters, Adaptation and Development MSc course is offered at the King's College London .
- You will be studying innovative modules in a range of disciplines taught by staff who are recognised leaders in their fields.
- You will have access to research and practitioners in international development and disaster risk reduction.
- Dissertation research opportunities with international organisations.
- You will develop a knowledge base and skill set to prepare you for careers in the humanitarian, development and disaster management sectors.
The Disasters, Adaptation and Development degree aims to provide technical training and professional exposure. Both are needed to secure careers in humanitarian and development organisations.
- Disasters & Development
- Practising Social Research
- Dissertation in Disasters, Adaptation & Development
- Environmental Internship
- Water Resources & Water Policy
- Environment, Livelihoods & Development in the ‘South’
- Environmental GIS
- Risk Communication
- Critical Geographies of Terrorism
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSustainable Development Emergency & Disaster Management View 31 other Masters in Emergency & Disaster Management in United Kingdom
- Candidates who do not achieve a 2:1 but have professional or voluntary experience will also be considered.
- In order to meet the academic entry requirements for this programme you should have a minimum 2:1 undergraduate degree with a final mark of at least 60% or above in the UK marking scheme. If you are still studying you should be achieving an average of at least 60% or above in the UK marking scheme.
International22350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22350 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9990 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9990 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Home/UK fees: £4,995 per year
- Overseas fees: £11,175 per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.